Monday, June 28, 2010

Just Add DSP

I have to say that I love school holidays.  Not only do I get to turn off the alarm clock, there are no lunch boxes to pack, no homework to do, and lots of slow starts to the morning.  Of course that could be due to the lots of late nights that I have over the holidays, crafting.  Yes, I am a night owl (maybe that's why I love the Twilight books??? LOL)

I realised while I was deliberating over what to do with this weeks challenge over at Just Add Ink, that the prize pack that I made up for Jo, who won my colour challenge recently, fit the bill perfectly. 

So here is my entry into JAI23 - Just Add Patterned Paper (or DSP)


This is a desk set gift box that I've made up.  The gift box itself is a box that I bought some make up in, which just happened to be Real Red.  I've covered the top (which had the brand embossed on it) with the red flower paper from the Pink Flamingo DSP pack. 

Here is a close up of the note block stack.

And here is the mini clipboard.


I've stamped the note paper with a single image from the triple flower stamp from Eastern Blooms.  When I got this set, I got Hubby to saw the triple wood block into three and I split the stamps into individual images.   I find this far easier to use, as I have them separate for when I just want one, but I can still line them up (like the original image ) with the Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I love it when stamps do double duty!!

Happy Stamping.......Manda

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I LOVE these, Manda! Red and white is such a beautiful, striking, colour combo. Great use of DSP; sure fits the bill for this week's JAI challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manda, what a beautiful gift! Love your colour combo & that mini clipboard is sooo cute!!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always admire anyone who can produce a SET and make it all look perfect! You have done this! Love them all and love the Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, Manda!! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! That DSP is perfect for your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Manda, these look GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete