Sunday, June 13, 2010

JAI21 - A Sketch Challenge

I often take inspiration from sketches that appear in blog land, but normally by the time I get around to actually using the sketch, the challenge is over.


Amazingly, this long weekend, we are having a quiet weekend at home, the kids are happily playing WII, DS has discovered Disney's Aristocats DVD and I've had some time to sit at my craft desk. OMG!


Even more amazingly, I have actually used a sketch challenge and finished the project before the time is up. OMG! OMG!

Here is the Just Add Ink Challenge 21 sketch.






And here is my entry.




Not my usual colour palette, but I had to take inspiration from the photo. Also please excuse the spray paint over personal details.

Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Green Galore, Whisper White.
Inks: Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Green Galore, Gable Green.
Stamp Set: Circle Circus
Accessories: Flower Brad, 3/4 inch circle punch (for the scallops), Circle Scissors.
Non SU: White ribbon, glue gemstone, silver cord(SU retired).

Here is a close up on the make your own DSP.






And here is a close up on the bow.




My apologies for the not so great photos, but it is a miserable grey day here, so I had to take photos inside.

Wish me luck with the challenge, hopefully I'll link it correctly!

Happy Stamping.....Manda

5 comments:

  1. Love this. These colours are fantastic. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scrap page. Good on you for making your own DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these colours! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page! The colours you've used are perfect, for the photo. Love your ribbon treatment, and the little gem you put on the brad. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I love making my own DSP - you can coordinate it perfectly to whatever you want! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete