Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Birthday Gift......

One of my very good friends had her birthday last week. We caught up a couple of days later, and had a lovely chat. As part of her present, I decided to make a birthday book. I know that these have been around for a while, but this was the first one that I have made. I'm not sure where I originally saw the idea, but I muddled my way through, and I am very happy with the way that it turned out.

Every month has it's own page, with a list to add in who has a birthday on that month.

The double sided DSP is fabulous for this as it makes an easy pocket to put your birthday cards.

This way you can be organised in advance, and not have to try to whip up a card in time to catch the postman!


And the cover........



........so that you don't forget what the book is for!

As you can see I have used some retired products in this one, as well as the Big Deal Alphabet, on the cover. I also was really pleased with the way that the binding worked out. I used Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, that I threaded through the holes in a 'kind of' blanket stitch. I then used some extra little pieces to knot the outside crossed over areas.

I hope to show you a couple more of these books soon.

Bye for now.......Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment