Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Cards

Recently DD1's teacher left to have her first baby. I was asked to make up 2 cards, one for the parents and one for the children to sign. This was the first time that I had tackled a larger than normal card, and I was very happy with the end results.

This is the card that the parents signed. I used an A4 sheet of Sage Shadow CS which I folded into a gatefold card, which I wheeled with So Swirly Jumbo Wheel when the card was shut so that the pattern of the stamp matched up when the card was shut. I then made a belly band with a strip of 12 inch Whisper Whit CS that I decorated with some retired SU DSP (I had to resort to my old stuff - do you know how hard it is to find gender neutral baby appropriate DSP?). The embellishment is a filligree brad with a green rhinestone brad in the middle that I have secured to the white grosgrain bow with some retired silver cord.

The kids card is again a sheet of A4, this time folded in half vertically. I have used Sweet Always DSP and the giraffe from Wild About You. There are little white grosgrain ribbon bows on their necks. The kids thought that the giraffes were very cute.

Happy Stamping.........Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment