Saturday, May 23, 2015

Fussy Tulips .....

 
This is a simple and elegant card.....not really fussy at all!!!  So why that title?  Have a closer look at the tulips.....

 
Yep......fussy cutting!!!  This is a technique that (though very simple!!)  I feel has gone out of style a little with all the tools that are available to us now to 'cut' out our images.  Using scissors and a craft blade/knife is one of the basics of card making and scrapbooking.
 
Here's a tip I learnt from a hairdresser...... use your thumb and ring finger when cutting ...... it alleviates RSI injuries in your hand from repetitive cutting...feels very odd to start with, but trust me, when you are doing a lot of cutting, it really makes a difference.
 
 
Here is the full card.....yes some retired product on there....but I still love the oval background stamp from Oh, Hello.  I've used the stamping off method here, to make that background oval a little lighter in colour.  Ink up your stamp, lay it gently onto scrap paper to take some of the ink off the rubber, then stamp onto your card stock.....leaving a lighter coloured ink.

 
Cardstock, Whisper White,
Ink: Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Stazon Black,
Stamps:  Oh, Hello, Love is Kindness
Other: Dazzling Diamonds, Stamp'n'Write markers in Lost Lagoon, Perfect Plum.
 
Happy Stamping....Manda xx
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I still fussy cut the way you taught me, but I still avoid it as much as I can, LOL! No-one fussy cuts as well as you, Manda. :-)

    ReplyDelete