Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Birthday G!....

One of the things that I love about Stampin' Up! is that it is sooooooo easy to create a fantastic looking gift and matching card. Why?  Because everything co-ordinates so beautifully.  Last night I visited some friends where the husband is having a birthday soon (waving at you M and G!), and I wanted to package his present nicely.  I whipped out some 12 x 12 Real Red card stock and the Celebrations DSP and this is what I came up with.

I made a simple box base out of the hard card backing from the DSP packet, and then wrapped the Real Red card around it.  I had to add a second panel, as the 12 x 12 wasn't quite wide enough to go around the base of the box.  Then I covered each side of the box with DSP, punched a couple of holes for eyelets on the sides, added a ribbon handle and ta dah - a wine bottle gift bag.  Make sure that you use Sticky Strip though!

And here is the matching card, using the matching stamp set, Party this Way.


Stamp Set: Party This Way
Card Stock: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point
Other: Antique Brass Eyelets, Real Red 5/8 Grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch

Happy Stamping........Manda

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous Manda - think I would want the wrapping more than the bottle of wine. Wait a minute - what am I saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. What a great idea. Like that dsp! The wine looks good too......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waving right back at you! The birthday boy was stoked. :-)

    ReplyDelete