Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lunch time activities surprise!!

Every crafter knows this feeling.  You create something that you are really not happy with, but because of time constraints, you have to use/give it anyway.  Then when you present it to the person, they love it! LOL!!

Well this happened to me this week. 

I had grand plans for these door hangers for the children to make at lunchtime activities, and in my head they looked great.  Then I put it together and it just didn't work.  Or at least I didn't think that it worked.  I had run out of time though, so I presented it as the last activity for this term, hoping that there wouldn't be too many disappointed faces.  Low and behold, this seemed to be the project that the girls loved the most.

Here is the door hanger.


And here is a close up of the flowers.


I've brayered the hanger with Bashful Blue.  The stamp set is Petal Pizazz and the colours are Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss and Pumpkin Pie. The gemstone is from my stash.  The vase I've used a Big Shot Vase Die that I picked up on the throw out table at my local craft shop for next to nix, and I've cut Riding Hood Red DSP to form the vase.

Happy Stamping.......Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment