Sunday, August 22, 2010

Grown Up Colouring In

One of the newest trends in card making and scrap booking is the use of a colouring system of pens, known as Copic Markers. 

Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I went looking for a way to create the same look with our own products.  Here are two of my colouring attempts, using the oh so cute images from Pun Fun stamp set.





Personally, I think that they are a fairly good alternative to the Copic look,  but I'd love to know what you think.

Here are the two cards that I created using these images.


Stamps:  Pun Fun, Tiny Tags, Big Bold Birthday
Ink: Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Card stock:  Whisper White, Watercolour Paper, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Ribbon:  So Saffron
S'n'W Markers: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Other: Aqua painter, Tag Punch, Dimensonals



Stamps: Pun Fun, Big Bold Birthday
Ink: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue
Card Stock: Whisper White, Watercolour Paper, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue
S'n'W Markers: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy
Other: Aqua painter, Small, Large and Scallop Oval Punches, Slit Punch

But I'm sure the question that you all are asking is how did I do it?  Well I found (thanks to Linda) a tutorial!  I watched this and then I just started practising.  You will find the link to the tutorial here

Happy Stamping......Manda

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to give that a go! These look great Manda!

    ReplyDelete