I am often asked for ideas on male cards. This can sometimes be a hard thing to make. Here are a few tips that I follow when making a male card.
1. Choose masculine colours (obviously)
2. Clean, simple and symmetrical.
3. Shapes work well - squares, circles.
4. Choose male or geometric stamps/images (again, obvious)
5. Think outside the box - look for inspiration in a variety of places
eg. the more neutral patterns of designer series papers, or use
your stamp in a different way, like turning it upside down, or
masking a section of it.
Here is a male card that I have used in the past for workshops. It is fairly simple to make (which is perfect in a workshop situation, where some guests will not have ever touched a rubber stamp before). The tip on this card is step 5. The DSP is from Urban Oasis, which immediately strikes me as a female DSP.
Colours are Kraft and Not Quite Navy, stamp sets are Loads of Love and Starring You.
Hope you like it.