Monday, July 27, 2015

Here's what you missed.....

 
 
I held my monthly technique class yesterday.....Here's what you missed.
 
The inspiration for this card came from a card that a friend and class member saw at the recent craft show in Brisbane.  She took a photo of it, and then my challenge was to recreate it. While I admit, the colours and sketch of my card are totally different  to the inspiration card (which was purples and greens), it did meet with the approval of the girls at the class. :-)
 
I've dubbed this one......Crystal Effect Resist......   Tricky I know!!!  Basically, I took a sheet of shimmery white (LOVE IT) cardstock and swirled my crystal effects all around the sheet.  I left it to dry overnight, and then watercoloured it the next day using my aqua painter. You can see a Melon Mambo patch above, and a Tempting Turquoise patch below.
 
 
And another teaser........
 
 
And here's the full card.


 
The girls also loved the new Banner Triple punch that I've used to cut the horizontal banners.
 
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Colours: Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla, Shimmery White
Other: Butterflies Thinlits, Basic Rhinestones, Banner Triple Punch, Crystal Effects
 
Happy Stamping....Manda xx

1 comment: